Specific Job title: Logistics Assistant / Driver
First name and last name (employee):
Reports to (hierarchy): Admin, Finance & Logistics Specialist
(working relationships): works in close collaboration with the HR and Logistic Officer located in Jerusalem Office
Location : Gaza (Palestine)
General conditions: position based in Gaza with potential sporadic travels to Jerusalem for coordination meetings at the Tdh main office.
Position grade: Grade 2
Number of subordinates:
Working Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 40 hours per week (100%)
Starting date: 1st of August 2018
General conditions: currently, budget is granted at least until April 2019, with possibility of extension, depends on funding
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the largest non-governmental organisation for children’s aid in Switzerland. Since 1973, date of opening Tdh delegation in Palestine, Tdh is providing concrete and efficient assistance to most vulnerable members of society through its interventions focused on four main objectives: (i) combatting child labor, (ii) providing justice for minors, (iii) implementing child protection systems and (iv) contributing to develop an inclusive education system.
Tdh has operations in Bethlehem and Gaza. Its Coordination Office is based in East Jerusalem and an Operational Office in Gaza. For this latter, Tdh is seeking to hire a Logistics Assistant to join its team.
General job description:
Taking guidance from the Finance and Logistics Specialist, the Log Assistant is responsible for the day to day organization of issues concerning the management of the office’s fleet, facilities, equipment and Information Communication Technology (ICT) needs. The actions of the Log Assistant are guided by the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Policies, of which the position has a strong understanding of.
Aims of position:
To provide the office with appropriate fleet, equipment, facilities and ICT resources that it requires to complete its mission, balancing price, quality and time in all purchasing decisions.
- Supports the Office with the procurement, transportation and store management of the supply chain process as guided by the relevant SOPs.
Logistics and Procurment
- To be responsible of logistics aspects of Gaza office under the supervision of Admin, Finance & Logistics specialist;
- To work along with the Admin, Finance & Logistics specialist to ensure that the Terre des hommes logistics systems and procedures are followed;
- To ensure the respect of the Tdh procurement guidelines;
- To ensure accurate follow-up and treatment of PRs (purchase requests);
- To ensure prompt ordering and delivery of goods;
- To participate in bid analysis and in drafting contracts & purchase orders with suppliers;
- Participate in overseeing the logistical filing system to include all purchase files, equipment manuals, maintenance, schedules and log documentation i.e. vehicle log sheets, way bills, maintenance reports, etc.
- Organize transportation according to the needs, including the driving of the Tdh vehicle;
- To follow-up the fuel consumption of the vehicles according to Tdh standards and report it to the Admin, Finance & Logistics Specialist;
- Ensure vehicle refueling and maintain sufficient emergency fuel stock for fleet vehicle;
- To fill up in a daily basis the log books;
- To keep the Admin, Finance & Logistics Specialist informed about any fleet management issue.
- Led the categorization and management of complete and up to date inventories, including user identification, tracking and stocking documentation
- Support Admin, Finance & Logisitic Specialist to track and process payments costs related to the maintenance and use of office facilities.
Information & Communications Technology
- Support optimal and reliable ICT solutions through day to day management of ICT solutions.
- Provide clear information, feedback and support to the Admin, Finance & Logistic Specialist, raising issues as needed and working together to promote a strong team;
- Ensure clear positive communication with all members of the office and the delegation.
- Respect budget information that is given and constantly work to reduce costs and improve the quality of purchases related to this role;
- Maintain an organized style of work, making suggestions to the Admin, Finance & Logistic Specialist concerning improvements that could be made to the logistics systems that are the Assistant’s responsibility;
- Keep accurate and up to date information concerning reporting requirements for fleet management, Tdh equipment, facilities and ICT and make this available to other staff on request.
- Respects the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) and its principles of child protection, ensuring the policy’s implementation and prompt notification of the CSP Focal Point with any information regarding potential breaches of the policy;
- Is aware of, abides by and promotes the practices and values set out in all other Tdh policies and procedures such as the Internal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and other policies;
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job.
Professional and Personal Competencies
The Logistic Assistant is expected to have the following competencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Ability to be flexible, cooperative and to work autonomously
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Committed and self-motivated
- Able to manage stress and complexity
- Promote safety and security
- Commitment to the humanitarian actions
- Diversity and inclusion
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with people with different backgrounds
- University degree: Business Administration, or any other related degrees;
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position preferably with an INGO;
- Fluency in English, Arabic. The working language in the office is English;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Valid driving licence with no restrictions.