Job Advertisement for Accountant:
Aid and Hope Program for Cancer Patients Care (AHP) is a non-profit non-governmental organization operating in the Gaza Strip since 2009. AHP Seeks to raise community awareness on breast cancer and to improve women’s access to early diagnostic facilities through clinical breast examination or referral of those who are at risk to mammographic screening services. Moreover AHP provides palliative care to women with cancer or survivors.
AHP is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position title: Accountant.
Location: Gaza City
Project duration: one year.
Contract: 3 months with possibility to extend.
Report to: Project Coordinator.
The Accountant will support the project “Integration of breast cancer care standards in the Gaza Strip that work in early diagnosis and aftercare”, funded by USAID in partnership with International Medical Corps (IMC). The project will be implemented during one year (June 2018-2019) by Aid and Hope Program for Cancer Patients Care in Gaza, in collaboration with local partners.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensures the timely and accurate preparation of all project and operating expense accounting reports and ensures that all reporting requirements are met.
• Manages the project financial transaction, financial reporting, accounting, and donor compliance issues related to project implementation.
• Monitors budget vs. expenditures and provide recommendations for Project Coordinator.
• Prepares budgeting reports (for the project and for each activity)
• Prepares (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts
• Assists in month-end and year-end closing
• Prepares and record documented accounts entries.
• Provides timely and accurate posting of program and operating expenditure financial transactions in the financial system of AHP.
• Verifies that all transactions posted to the financial system are in conformance with the USADI, IMC and AHP Framework.
• Prepares and deliver monthly payroll for all project staff
• Ensures that AHP and USAID policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services are followed.
• Responsible for cost accounting, bank reconciliations and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Required skills and qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting in English.
• 3-5 years of related accounting experience.
• USAID accounting experience or previous employment on a USAID-funded project is preferred.
• Ability to write professional reports and business correspondence in English.
• Excellent knowledge of Al Aseel Accounting program, excel, MS office and outlook.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and a cover letter (in English) no later than 10th June, 2018 at 14:00 (local time) to the email: email@example.com . Indicating the position (Accountant) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more info: https://www.facebook.com/GazaInPink/