Job Advertisement for Health Educators:
Aid and Hope Program for Cancer Patients Care (AHP) is a non-profit non-governmental organization operating in the Gaza Strip since 2009. AHP seeks to raise community awareness on breast cancer and to improve women’s access to early diagnostic facilities through clinical breast examination or referral of those who are at risk to mammographic screening services. Moreover AHP provides palliative care to women with cancer or survivors.
AHP is currently seeking to hire three (3) female Health Educators:
Position title: Health Educator.
Location: Gaza City.
Project duration: one year.
Contract: 3 months with possibility to extend.
Report to: Senior Health Educator.
The Health educators will support the project “Integration of breast cancer care standards in the Gaza Strip that work in early diagnosis and aftercare”, funded by USAID in partnership with International Medical Corps (IMC). The project will be implemented during one year (June 2018-2019) by Aid and Hope Program for Cancer Patients Care in Gaza, in collaboration with local partners.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conduct awareness sessions on self-examination of breast cancer.
• Perform clinical breast examination.
• Provide public health education consultation and develop cooperative relationships with the beneficiaries.
• Originate, prepare and distribute informational and awareness materials.
• Conduct Evaluation and Research related to Breast Cancer awareness using different methods of data collection such as pre and posttests, observation and surveys.
• Input, access and analyze data using a tablet.
• Write reports about progress and outcomes.
• Perform some administrative duties as needed.
Required skills and qualification:
• Bachelor/Diploma degree in Nursing, physiotherapy or other related fields.
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in public health awareness and clinical examination.
• Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic and communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks, with good time management skills
Interested candidates (females only) are invited to submit a CV and a cover letter (in English) no later than 10th, June, 2018 at 14:00 (local time) to the email: email@example.com . Indicating the position (Health Educator) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more info: https://www.facebook.com/GazaInPink/