Project Name: Empowering Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) for a better future in the Gaza Strip through Integrated Care and Social Development
Project Duration: 5 years
Job Title: Center coordinator
Job Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Salary :3000 ₪
Al-Amal Association for Orphans and Islamic Relief Palestine are implementing the project of “Empowering Children for a Better Future in the Gaza Strip”, with a generous fund from Islamic Relief Canada. This project contributes to a better future for children by increasing their productivity, achieving social integration, promoting positive behaviors and building the child’s personality. The project will work on establishing educational centers for children. These centers work on a firm belief that child education and preparation are a priority and constitute a fundamental pillar in building and developing society.
The Center’s overall goal is to enhance the personal capacities of the most vulnerable children and orphans, and to foster their creativity and ambition for the future. Each center includes a multimedia club, science and environment club, media and communication club, arts club, sports activities and psychological support.
The Goal of the project is to contribute to improving healthy health behaviors and empowering children to achieve a better future.
• Improve opportunities for children with more vulnerable orphans and children through the provision of social services.
• Promote good behavior and commitment to values for the most vulnerable and orphaned children in the Gaza Strip.
• Youth Empowerment.
To supervise and manage the implementation of the child educational center activities.
Main Duties & Tasks
• Direct the work of subordinate employees (review monthly reports & weekly plan and meetings with the project team), and ensure works according to IR policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the project activities including pre/post-tests.
• Coordinate and network with relevant institutions to serve the children and their families and the community.
• Provide clubs leaders with assistance in resolving any problems.
• Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities and children behavioral or learning problems.
• Plan, direct, and monitor instructional methods and content of educational, vocational, or children activity programs.
• Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
• Maintains records, prepares reports (monthly, quarterly & final), and composes correspondence relative to the work.
• Directs staff in the processing of personnel transactions (holidays, attendance and Leaves, etc.).
• Document all stages of the project by photos, reports, videos and case studies.
• Assist in conducting training sessions, workshops, and seminars on a specific area.
• Supervise equipping and furniture for the center, and follow up the logistics issues of the center.
• Carry out other responsibilities and duties within reason requested by the line manager.
Major of Education: BScs Degree in education or psychology or Management or any related subject
Years of Experience: 5 years
Personal knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other
individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Computer skills: good at MS office package
Technical Knowledge, skills & abilities
Administration and management:
– Knowledge of business and management principles involve planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
– Education and Training: Knowledge of principles and methods for manuals and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
– Psychology: Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV by email to : email@example.com.
and indicate the position in the subject, no later than 12:00 midday of 20 June, 2018. For more inquiries contact the Association telephone 082861434 during working hours.